Tuesday, June 03, 2008


My name is Meanie

You know that show, My Name is Earl? Well, Jo called me Earl this morning. Why? Because of my compulsive list making. How compulsive? At 2:30 this morning I was crouched in my closet writing like a maniac, with a light-up Ariel pen with pink feathers attached to it. Was I writing “the next best thing?” Nope. Penning my last will and testament? Nosiree Bob. Here is a sample of what work of genius I was creating at 2:30 in the morning:

-Call back Ian re. tomorrow’s meeting
-buy new mop for Anna (cleaning lady)
-get money for Anna
-responsible for sharing snack day June 9th
-Grace’s French reader to be returned
-call researcher x regarding y
-inform boss lady of dr.’s appt
-soccer tourney Sunday…what time????
-school bbq Friday – have to bring dessert!
-renew Edie’s OHIP
-daycare cheques due
-hot lunch form – did I fill it out?
-call researcher y regarding x
-book Edie’s eye appt.
-call Mom back
-need yogurt, bread

No wonder the sleep aid industry makes a mint. I just know I’m not the only one with this affliction!

6 comments:

alison said...

I make lists like that all the time. If I didn't, nothing would get done. However, I don't usually make them in the closet at 2 a.m. That might be considered a bit extreme.

Looking at my desk, I can see my most recent list (we might be soul sisters):

- ask boss if I can change telework days to accomodate daycare lady's medical appts
- book periodontist appt
- milk
- confirm reservation at restaurant for retirement lunch for J
- mow lawn TONIGHT, soccer practice tomorrow - no time
- banana bread! bananas are getting black
- prepare training plan for next fiscal by Thurs!

Meanie said...

alison: i love the urgency surrounding the banana crisis :)

alison said...

Well, you know, when bananas go bad, it's not a good thing. Doesn't that sound like bad reality TV? "When Bananas Go Bad. Tonight at 9. Tune in to see a gang of half-rotten bananas terrorize a small town with drunken rowdy parties, riding their harleys across people's lawns and throwing beer bottles at the elderly."

I have to bake tonight. I don't want to be responsible for bringing that kind of mayhem down on the neighbourhood. Plus, I'm getting fruit flies in my kitchen.

Meanie said...

you know what? with summer programming, I'm sure that is a potential hit show! (Right after Chef Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen) LoL!

aandjblog said...

As werid as it may be to do this, don't you always feel better once you written in down. It's like your throught says on the page

XUP said...

I used to have insomnia issues before I got a cat. Cat wakes me up between 4:30 and 5:00 every morning, so when I go to bed I drop off instantly and don't wake up until morning. Well.. sometimes I have to pee, but I'm pretty much still asleep while I'm doing it. It's the best thing I ever did. Get a cat.