Wednesday, May 30, 2007




This is Grace’s favourite band……

Well actually, she got it a little mixed up. I was eavesdropping on her having a heated discussion with her friend about their favourite songs and music. Keep in mind she is 5 and her friend is 6. Some tunes that were being thrown around were Itsy Bitsy Spider (“that‘s for babies”) and London Bridge (“it’s okay”). What was Grace’s offering? “SOCIAL DISTORTION IS THE BEST SONG IN THE WORLD!!!!” Well, their a band , kiddo not a song, but they are the best freaking band in the world and I just love the fact that something I like is rubbing off on her! I can’t wait to bring her to her first punk gig…..

2 comments:

alison said...

That is very oh-so-cool! I remember once being at the salon getting highlights and I had to bring Rachel with me. She was just 4 at the time. One of the stylists asked her what her favourite song was, and I don't know what she was expecting to hear, but Rae just smiled sweetly and said, "SomebodytoldmethatyouhadaboyfriendthatlookedlikeagirlfriendthatIhadinFebruaryoflastyearitsnotconfidentialbutIgotpotential" all run together like it was one word. She thinks that's the title. I nearly peed I was laughing so hard. But four years old and into the Killers? Not bad.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.