Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Patrick Swayze was in one of my all time favourite films, The Outsiders. He played the father figure roll. I had forgotten about that all together (I was too preoccupied with Matt Dillon, oh Dally Winston, you made me forever fall in love with bad boys).

I also clearly remember in grade 7 or 8, watching Dirty Dancing with a girlfriend who lost her shit over Swayze – I mean tears and sobs over his-on screen passion. I didn’t get it at the time, but by pure coincidence, I watched the movie this past weekend, and I think I get what she was so worked up over. It is a pretty great movie.

I have never watched Ghost – I really don’t think I could. Just not my cup of tea. When it came out I remember thinking it was the cheesiest movie idea I’d ever heard of. And I can’t stomach Whoopi or Demi much.

What I also remember, and can’t help but laugh out loud whenever I picture it in my head, is the Chippendales skit on Saturday Night Live, featuring Swayze and Chris Farley (also RIP). That was genious, and kudos to Swayze for having a sense of humour.

4 comments:

The Maven said...

LOL! I had never seen that. Pure awesomeness!! RIP Swayze (and Farley, too!)

~*Jobthingy*~ said...

the skit! oh man i havent seen that in years.. swayze was the man.

im with your friend losing my shit over him. i love dirty dancing and still watch it regularly.... and got speedy hooked

Anonymous said...

I totally never got the whole Swayze thing. At all. But still, a sad, difficult end.

Hannah said...

He was a good actor and seemed like a great guy. Very sad to lose him so soon! :)