Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Sometimes I get mocked for my internet addiction. But, here are a few good things the internet has done for me lately:
1) I copied this, recipe and later made it and the whole family ate it, and I felt like polishing my halo, because, y'know, lentils people, lentils is where it is at.
2) I turned MD for a few hours, diagnosing and arriving at the conclusion that Grace does not have pink eye (I would take off my stethoscope and smart glasses for more serious symptoms, don't worry).
3) I became Scorcese for a little bit and uploaded some home movies for friends and family to view on YouTube (whatevs, my Mom impresses easily - she thinks only I can do these things, therefore am a
computer AND filmmaking genius, why burst her bubble?)
4) I saved money by selecting a bunch of stuff online, proceeding to check out, and then not buying because for the masseeeve shipping expenses.
5) I burned some calories and dug up my old combat boots after watching this video.
6) I decided against this mascara and decided on this one instead after putting my smart glasses on and reading some reviews on this website.
7) I donated to Haiti.
8) I bust a gut watching this clip from the Golden Globes over and over and over again.
9) I sort translated some Norwegian stuff because I have a friend on Facebook who does her status updates in Norwegian, then all her Norwegian friends reply, and there are always lots of smiley faces and exclamation marks and my curiosity gets the better of me and I have to know what they are talking about!
10) I tried on different hairstyles from the 80's.
Being the multi-tasker (ADD) person I am, this all took place in about a 45 minute time span. I'm that good.