Monday, September 17, 2012


I have been going just a little bananas lately with stencilling.  The problem with this is there is only so much stencil art one can have in their house without it looking a little cliched.  But goddammit, I love to stencil!  I have been strictly a letters girl to date (with the exception of some skulls, obviously.  I think skulls came before letters for me even in the womb.  Do you know me?  Sorry, if you don't, I have a thing for skulls, it's not a morbid thing, I just think that they are really cool looking.  I even have a tattoo of a skeleton on my foot - it makes me feel punk rock so when I am driving my mini-van and being forced to listen to One Direction I can look down at my flip-flopped foot and see my little skeleton on my foot. It reminds me that there is still about 1/83rd of my body that has something cool about it).  Sweet Baby Dalton that was a digression!  What I am trying to say is I am about to venture beyond letters and move into images and have even bought some pretty kick ass stencilling supplies (they know me at Michaels now, I'm kind of a big deal there).

Because I have been drivin' rig (does that sound cool?  Can I say that even though it is just a mini-van?  It is an extended version if it makes a difference.  Fuck it.  I'm going to call it drivin' rig).  So because I've been drivin' rig so much, getting cargo (you got it, kids) from one place to another, I don't have much to write about.   I present to you without hesitation (quick before another tangent comes on!)  

Meanie's Meanieterest Gallery:

This one hangs right my our kitchen table, a gentle reminder to the kiddies to enjoy their meal without complaint:

This one is for my partner in crime - I'm Louise, she's Thelma.  We get into trouble together:

Another one that hangs in the kitchen.  When my left eyeball is twitching and there are no words, I simply point to this sign to remind the kids that contrary to popular belief, they are not feral and there is no need to act as such:

This one is displayed in the living room, begging my guests to not abandon me to me my children, but rather stay for just one more drink:

This is not a stencil project, but a project born out of necessity.  I messed up big time and took a chunk of paint off the wall and had to hide it from Jo.  Cork boards this size are super expensive, so I went to Home Depot, bought a large sheet of styrofoam ($10), a can of discarded paint ($1) and curated (fancy, non?) a gallery wall of the kids' work:

Jo knows about the paint I took off the wall because I needed his help to hang it.  But he likes looking at the kids art work as much as I do so it's all good.  This is 20"x40" - you can't tell how big it is in the picutre.

Fun, right?  


petite gourmand said...

Love it!

Michaels has some pretty kick ass silver studded skulls at the moment (was going to pick up a few for halloween to put on the mantel) but to be honest they would look cool at anytime of year.

But where's the pic of your skull/ flip flopped foot?
now that's pretty badass.

Lexie said...

still waiting for you know what....

Lexie said...

also, i thought the 'stay' one was for Jo after you took the chunk of the wall out. haha.