Wednesday, January 03, 2007





To sleep, perchance to dream…..

Poor Grace is suddenly terrified of her own shadow (literally). She cannot go anywhere in our house alone (even if it to her own room to get a toy); going to bed is quite stressful for her, and she has consistently been up between 1:30 and 2:30 in the morning all freaked out about something. At this point, I try to coax her back to sleep, but more often than not I shake a sleepy Jonas and send him in to lie down with her. It’s a tough phase, and I can totally sympathize. I’m not the best sleeper myself, often waking in the middle of the night with racing thoughts, but it is so frustrating when I have settled in zzzzzzzzzzzzzz land and am then jolted awake by Grace’s little cries for help. I know it is just a phase, but I am so freaking tired.
While I’m at it, I might as well continue complaining. I am now sick for what I think is the fourth time in 2 months – sore throat, achey muscles, tired/tired/tired and sniffles. What is going on? When God was handing out immune systems, did he forget to give me one? I forget how it feels to be rested and healthy.
Okay, okay. Something positive. Today I am wearing my new skirt from the Gap (scored for $12.99) and my rocking Bad Luck cardigan that Jonas bought me for Xmas . At least I look like a bad ass in my pitiful state (maybe it will distract from the bags under my eyes).

No comments: